|1.5 hour session
|1 hour session
To Schedule an Appointment
Please call (541) 729-0048 or email email@example.com
For your first session:
- Please bring comfortable shorts (no pockets or belt loops) and for women, a sports bra.
- Refrain from use of lotion or oil on your skin, if possible.
What to expect from a myofascial release session
- The first session is an hour and a half. Subsequent sessions can be either one hour or one and a half hours.
- The first few minutes of the session will be spent talking. You may have questions for me. I will want to know what you are feeling and what you would like to work on in the session as well as what your goals are for your myofascial release treatment. Then we will briefly look at your posture and alignment.
- Most of the session will take place using a massage table, with direct, hands-on therapy. The touch is gentle and the pacing of the session is slow to allow time for fascial releases to occur.
- The Myofascial Release therapist acts as a guide and facilitator of your healing. The client's attention and participation are required for progress to be made. You will be guided to tune in to what you are feeling and given support to develop this skill. Our bodies are always talking to us. ften we don't begin to listen until we are in pain. So a real benefit of Myofascial Release therapy is to begin to feel what is happening in one's body and to work with that information before pain and dysfunction begin.
- At the end of each session there will be a few minutes for your questions and feedback. You may be offered materials for further reading, listening or viewing to support your understanding of the changes beginning to take place.